This Agreement is between “The Designer”, Marin Design Agency LLC (DBA Michelle Marin) and the client purchasing the services.
BRAND STRATEGY & LOGO IDENTITY DESIGN
- Discovery meeting with stakeholders
- Review your existing brand materials
- In-depth brand strategy questionnaire
- Competitor Research
- Target Audience & Customer Persona Discovery
- Brand Attributes Discovery
- Uniques and Position Statement (USP)
- Define/Refine your Core Values, Vision, and Mission Statement
- Brand Strategy Report (PDF)
- Visual Inspiration Board Presentation
- 3 Logo Concepts
- Contextualized Logo Mockups
- Up to 2 Rounds of Revisions
- Color Specs
- File Formats: JPG, PDF, PNG, EPS
- Full Copyright and Ownership
Timeline: 4—5 Weeks | Pricing: $2,500
BRAND STYLE GUIDE
We’ll work together to create a multi-page style guide outlining a system on how to launch your logo and brand identity across a wide variety of media. It helps build trust with your audience by ensuring consistency in your brand’s image and style.
- Multi-page Style Guide (PDF)
- Logo specs
- Usage guidelines
- Color Specs
- Graphic Elements (up to 3)
Timeline: 1 week | Pricing: $ 750
Your business name, tagline, and headlines need to convey your brand’s values, story, and unique personality in a meaningful way while retaining flexibility. We’ll work together to create insightful names and messaging through a collaborative process that’s practical and fun.
- Company Naming
- Tagline Creation
- Headline Creation
- Product Naming
Timeline: 2 weeks | Pricing: $ 750
WEBSITE DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT
I build cutting-edge websites that are fast, SEO Friendly, and easily editable. I combine innovative design with clean code to create websites that are attractive and well-built.
Discovery & Strategy Phase
Great design is driven by strategy. Before we dive into the build of your website, I’ll research and analyze your competitors and target market. Then guide you through a discovery process that answers; who you are, what you do, how you do it, and who you do it for. We’ll use this data as a compass for the design.
Website Design Phase
Once we’ve formulated your website strategy, we’ll meet to review design ideas and inspiration that will serve as the foundation for your design. I’ll present you with three website design concepts based on your feedback and work with you to finalize the website through a two round revision process.
My sites are built on a CMS platform that makes content creation simple.
- WordPress Platform for Service-Based Businesses
- Shopify or WooCommerce Platform for eCommerce
- 5 Web Pages
- 5 Product Pages (eCommerce)
- Art Direction
- Unique & High Quality Stock Image Selection
- 30 min CMS Tutorial
- Responsive & Mobile-Friendly Design
- SEO Friendly
- 2 Rounds of Revisions
- Customizable Contact Form
- Fast Page Loading
Timeline: 4—5 weeks | Pricing: $ 5,000
- Brand Strategy & Logo Identity Design: $2,500
- Brand Style Guidelines: $750
- Brand Messaging: $750
- Website Design & Development: $5,000
- Sub-Total: $9,000
- February Promo: – $1350
- Grand Total: 7,650
- 02/19: $2,550
- 03/19: $2,550
- 04/19: $2,550
Payment schedules are firm dates, regardless of what phase of the project.
CONTRACT & QUESTIONNAIRE SCHEDULE
- 02/19: Sign “Brand Strategy & Logo Identity” contract
- 02/24: Complete “Brand Strategy & Logo Identity” questionnaire
- 03/19: Sign “Brand Guidelines & Brand Messaging” contract
- 03/24: Complete “Brand Guidelines & Brand Messaging” questionnaire
- 04/19: Sign “Website Design” contract
- 04/23: Complete “Website Design” questionnaire
Schedules are firm dates, regardless of what phase of the project.
Below are the allotted times the client has to complete each form and/or respond to any of the designer’s emails from the time they receive it. This includes the client’s questionnaire, questionnaire email, brand strategy feedback form, colors & typography form, logo design form, revision form(s), and final files form.
- To Keep Project on Time for Completion: 2 Business Days
- Client Deadline to Avoid Delay Fees: 30 Calendar Days
If the client does not respond within (2) business days to any emails from the designer relating to giving feedback/revisions or completed his/her delivered form, the completion date will be pushed back per each business day that the client’s email response is not received by the designer and depending on the designer’s current production schedule.
The timeline depends on the client’s responsiveness throughout the process. The client understands that it’s his/her responsibility to fill out his/her forms provided in order to move on to the next phase of the project. In addition, if the client is late in completing his/her form or providing any content/feedback related to the project, the client’s project completion date will be pushed back depending on the designer’s current production schedule.
Questionnaire Phase …………………………………………………………… Pre-Start
Client completes questionnaire. After the client completes his/her questionnaire in its entirety, the designer may send a “questionnaire” email to clarify the client’s vision for the project. After this phase has completed, the client will receive a calendar link to schedule the client’s “Discovery” meeting.
Discovery & Brand Strategy Phase …………………………………………………… Project Start
The project starts on the day of the scheduled Discovery meeting. The nature of the Discovery Meeting is to go over the client’s questionnaire and understand the company’s business needs and those of the business’ clients and customers. After the scheduled discovery meeting, the client will have (1) follow-up meeting where the designer will present a “Brand Strategy Roadmap” based on the Discovery Meeting. The client has (2) business days to provide feedback via his/her “Brand Strategy” feedback form if the client would like the project to stay on time for completion. If the client needs more time to complete, the client has up to (30) calendar days from the time the client received his/her form to avoid delay fees. The brand strategy form must be completed in entirety before the client can move to the next phase of the project. After the “Brand Strategy” form is completed in its entirety, the designer will complete (1) round of revisions to the Brand Strategy document and present the revised document to the client via a follow-up meeting. After the Brand Strategy document is approved by the client, the designer will send the client a calendar link to schedule the client’s Initial Design Meeting.
Colors & Typography Phase ………………………………………………………… 5 business days
The client will be presented color scheme and typography options for the logo based on the discovery work. After the scheduled colors & typography meeting, the client has (2) business day to complete his/her provided “Colors & Typography” form if the client would like the project to stay on time for completion. If the client needs more time to complete, the client has up to (30) calendar days from the time the client received his/her form to avoid delay fees. The colors & typography form must be completed in entirety before the client can move to the next phase of the project. After the “Colors & Typography” form is completed in its entirety, the designer will send the client a calendar link to schedule the client’s Logo Options Meeting.
Logo Options Phase ………………………………………………………… 5 business days
The designer will present the logo options to the client during his/her scheduled “Logo Options” meeting. After the scheduled meeting, the client has (2) business days to complete his/her provided “Logo Options” form if the client would like the project to stay on time for completion. If the client needs more time to complete the form, the client has up to (30) calendar days from the time the client received his/her form to avoid delay fees. The logo options form must be completed in entirety before the client can move to the next phase of the project. After the “Logo Options” form is completed in its entirety, the designer will send the client a calendar link to schedule the client’s Revision Meeting.
Revisions Phase ………………………………………………………… 5—10 business days
The designer will present the revised logo design to the client during his/her scheduled “Revisions” meeting. After the scheduled meeting, the client has (2) business day to complete his/her provided “Revisions” form if the client would like the project to stay on time for completion. If the client needs more time to complete the form, the client has up to (30) calendar days from the time the client received his/her form to avoid delay fees. The revisions form must be completed in entirety before the client can move to the next phase of the project. After the “ Revisions” form is completed in its entirety and there are no more changes requested by the client, the designer will send the client a “final files” form. If the client elects to make more changes to the design, the designer will send the client a link to pay for the additional changes.
Final Files Phase …………………………………………………………… 5 business days
The designer will send the final files to the client via the client’s “Final Files” form within 5 business days from the time the client completes the Revisions Phase. After the client is supplied their “Final Files” form, the client has up to (7) calendar days from the time the client received his/her form to download his/her final files. After (7) business days, the download link automatically expires. The designer doesn’t guarantee file storage past (30) days. If the client would like the designer to resend the final files after the client has already been supplied with final files, it will cost an additional fee of $50.
Additional Design Revisions ………….………………………………………. $50 per
If the client would like to make additional changes after the complimentary rounds of revisions have completed, each change is $50.
Additional Phone Meetings ………….………………………………………. $100 per
If the client would like an additional phone meeting beyond what’s included in his/her package, it is $100 (up to 30 mins).
Additional Option Variation ………….………………………………………. $50.00
If the client would like an additional Option Variation: Same logo, expect either with/without tagline, text-only, or icon-only file, there will be a charge of $50.
Additional Logo Color File(s) ………….…….…………………………………… $50.00
Additional color variations of the logo cost $50 USD / per logo version.
Additional Logo Option(s) ………….…….……………………………………… $125.00
If the client would like additional logo design options(s) exceeding what is included in his/her package, the client will be charged $125 USD per new design option.
Additional Design Option(s) ………….…….………………………………… $375.00
If the client would like additional logo design options(s) exceeding what is included in his/her package, the client will be charged $375 USD per (3) new design options.
Brand Style Guidelines ……….……….…….………………………………… $750.00
The client understands brand guidelines are outside the scope of this package. If the client would like a breakdown of logo usage guidelines, logo clear space, brand colors, color codes, and typography recommendations for future marketing collateral, that’s an additional fee of $750.
Re-Design / Re-Draw …………………………..……………………………………… $375.00
If, after the client is presented logo design options and the client requests changes to an existing design which fall outside the parameters of minor modifications, a “re-design” fee of $375 USD will be charged.
Project Rush Fee………..……………………………………….………………… 20% / business day
If the client would like to have the project completed before the typical timeframe, the client will be charged a rush fee of 20% of the total per each business day the project is completed before the typical timeframe. If the typical timeframe is a range, the rush fee will be calculated from the average of the range given.
Client Reschedule Fee …..……………………………………………………………. $75.00
In the case that the client needs to reschedule a design meeting with the designer, the client agrees to give 48-hour notice to the designer. If the client doesn’t show for a scheduled appointment or does not give 48-hour notice, a $75 USD Late Fee will be charged to the client’s balance due.
Additional Logo Option File ………….…….…………………………………… $125.00
This package includes (1) final logo option. If the client would like to add an additional logo option to his/her final files, the fee is $125 USD / per logo option.
Final Files Retrieval …..……………………………………………………………….. $50.00
If, after (90) calendar days after the project has been completed and after files have already been supplied to the client, there will be a $50 USD fee to retrieve and transfer digital files to the client.
If the client delays completing their form within 2 business days, the following shall apply.
- Delay (8-29 Days) Project Pushed Back
- Delay (30-89 Days) $75 Delay Fee
- Delay (90+ Days) $150 Delay Fee
If the client would like to have the project completed before the typical timeframe, the client will be charged a rush fee of 20% of the total, per each business day the project is completed before the typical timeframe. If the typical timeframe is a range, the rush fee will be calculated from the average of the range given.
- (a) Client has (2) business days to respond to emails from the designer relating to giving feedback/revisions in order to keep his/her project on time. If the client has not responded to an email within that time-frame, the project will be delayed and completion date pushed back per each business day that the client hasn’t responded to his/her email/revision form.
- (b) In addition, if the client has not responded to a project email within (2) business days, the completion date may also be pushed back depending on the designer’s current production schedule.
Client represents (1) primary decision-maker for the project & must be present for all meetings.
DISCOVERY AND BRAND STRATEGY
- (a) The client will have (1) Discovery Meeting prior to starting the design process.
- (b) The nature of the Discovery Meeting is to go over the client’s questionnaire and understand the company’s business needs and those of the business’ clients and customers.
- (c) In the meeting, the client and designer will go over the company’s competitive landscape, audience, brand attributes, uniques, and positioning statement. And also define and refine the company’s core values, mission, and vision statements.
- (d) The client will have (1) follow up call where the designer will present a Brand Strategy roadmap based on the Discovery Meeting.
- (e) The client will be able to provide feedback on Brand Strategy Roadmap and the designer will complete (1) round of revisions to the Brand Strategy Roadmap
- (f) The designer will input the client’s feedback into his/her revision form on the client’s behalf if the client has feedback ready. The client will need to review/approve the notes via his/her client portal in order to proceed to the next step. In addition, the client may add/revise their feedback before submitting their form.
- (g) All design feedback must be submitted via the Brand Strategy Form. No design feedback will be accepted via email.
INITIAL DESIGN MEETING
- (a) The client will have (1) Initial Design Meeting prior to receiving logo options.
- (b) The client will be presented color palettes and typography options.
- (c) The nature of the Mood Board is to go over the client’s vision and agree upon the style and aesthetic direction for the logo design.
- (d) No revisions will be made to the Mood Board
- (e) All design feedback must be submitted via the Mood Board Form
- (f) No design feedback will be accepted via email
LOGO DESIGN CONCEPTS
- (a) The client will be presented (3) Logo Design Concepts during his/her meeting
- (b) Client must select (1) logo option to start the revisions
- (c) The designer will input the client’s changes into his/her revision form on the client’s behalf if the client has changes ready. The client will need to review/approve the notes via his/her client portal in order to proceed to the next step. In addition, the client may add/revise their changes before submitting their form.
- (d) All revision requests must be submitted via the Logo Options Form. No design feedback will be accepted via email.
- (a) Client must choose (1) logo option before requesting their first round of revisions
- (b) Once the client has chosen a logo option, they may not select a previous option
- (c) Client gets (2) complimentary rounds of revisions up to 10 changes per round.
- (d) Client gets (1) revision form submission per each round of revisions
- (e) All revision requests must be submitted via the Revision Form
- (f) Every instance the client requests changes to the logo and the designer completes those changes and presents those changes to the client is considered a completed revision session.
- (g) Upon receipt of the logo, the client has (2) business days (per each round) to provide the designer with revision requests to keep the project on time. If the client has not given revision requests within that time-frame, the project will be delayed and the completion date pushed back per each business day that the revision form is not completed. In addition, the completion date may also be pushed back depending on the designer’s current product schedule.
- (h) The client has (30) calendar days from the time he/she receives logo options/revisions to complete his/her logo revisions form. A client who submits his/her revision form after (30) calendar days from receipt will incur a “Revisions Delay/Reinstatement” fee of $75 USD to restart his/her project.
- (i) A “change” is a minor modification to an existing design
- (j) Revisions beyond 10 changes is considered a “redraw” or “redesign”
- (k) Redraw fees are $375.
- (l) Once the client approves his/her logo design, no more revisions will be made to the logo design. Final files will be given to the client upon final payment clearing and final client approval. If the client would like the designer to make changes to the logo design after the project is finalized, the client can hire the designer to do so under a new contract and for an additional fee.
- (a) Client will receive (1) final logo design
- (b) The (1) final logo will be sent in the following formats: JPG, PNG, EPS, PNG.
- (c) Additional color variations of the logo design cost $50 / logo color variation.
- (d) A variation of the logo design is defined as a small change to the logo file. This includes a change of color in the logo file. A different logo design option is not considered a logo variation.
- (e) This logo package includes (1) final logo option. Additional logo options are $125 / ea.
- (f) The client will receive a link to download his/her logo files after the remaining balance is paid to the designer. The download link will be valid up to (90) calendar days from the time the link is sent to the client.
- Length of storage: All final files created for the client are stored by the designer up to (90) calendar days from the date that the designer supplied the files to the client.
- Retrieval fee: There will be a nominal fee to retrieve and transfer any digital files after the project has been completed and after all files have already been supplied to the client.
It’s the Client’s responsibility to ensure all content is accurate before giving to the designer to input into any designs created. Additionally, the client is responsible for Proof-Reading the artwork before it is approved. The designer is not responsible for errors found after the artwork has been approved.
Due to differences in monitor and printer calibration, the color of a printed product will likely vary from what you see on screen or what prints on your printer. Additionally, colors will likely vary monitor to monitor AND printer to printer. If print color is a concern to the client, the designer advises the client to order a “press proof” before printing in bulk.
PMS (which stands for Pantone Matching System) is a color system based upon over one thousand standardized ink colors. The client is advised that his/her monitor is not a reliable way to proof colors for printing. And that the only way to truly know the way a Pantone color looks is by referring to a physical printed Pantone Sample or Pantone Color Book.
If the client would like a Pantone Color embedded in his/her final eps file. Or would like a Pantone color in his/her Brand Style Guidebook, The client is responsible for either:
- (a) Securing a Pantone Formula Guide Book to compare the chosen color for their brand color(s) to the corresponding color(s) in his/her Pantone Formula Guide Book. And ensure the color chosen is as he/she would like. The Pantone Formula Guide Book is a book with all Coated and Uncoated Pantone Colors. Where the client can physically see the exact color as it will be printed. ($160.00 USD / Formula Guide Book)
- (b) Or the client may secure a Pantone Simulator Print to ensure that the Pantone Color chosen for their brand is the correct color once printed. The Pantone Simulator Print is a digital print of up to (5) different Pantone Colors on up to (5) different types of common print surfaces / paper materials. ($15.00 USD / Pantone Simulator Color Sheet)
- (c) Or the client may elect for the designer to select the brand color without the client securing the physical printed Pantone Color sample(s). And acknowledgement that colors may vary slightly from the screen to paper.
The designer can be reached by appointment via telephone or Zoom. Client meetings can be scheduled by appointment.
Emails will be answered within 3 business days during the work week. The designer will respond to emails sent over the weekend and nationally observed holidays within 3 business days of the following business day. Any correspondence after 5pm EST/EDT on business days will be considered received the following business day.
Before work begins, the client will pay his/her logo design fee. Full payment if required prior to work beginning on the project.
The designer accepts all major credit/debit cards for payment (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express). As well as Paypal. Checks, cash or money orders will not be accepted.
CREDIT CARD AUTHORIZATION
Client authorizes Michelle Marin to charge the same credit card used to purchase the client’s logo package for any additional fees including: additional logo concepts, additional revisions, and rush fees.
In the event that additional services/fees are added to the project. The client will be charged for additional fees including: additional logo design options, additional revisions, rush fees, or anything not included in the client’s package. Payment for additional fees are due in advance, prior to rendering any more work, and before final files are delivered to the client.
All sales are final.
- (a) In the event the client does a chargeback, client agrees to pay all fees related to the charge back including, but not limited to collection fees and fees charged by the payment processing company.
- (b) Client also agrees and understands that if a chargeback is made, they will be sent to collections to recoup all costs associated with the chargeback.
- (a) If, after the project has commenced, any subsequent invoices are not paid within (30) calendar days, a 5 percent “delayed payment” fee will be charged. This initial 5 percent figure will be added upon each recurring (30) calendar day period until the full amount is received.
- (b) After (60) calendar days of non-payment, the invoice will be forwarded to collections.
- (c) Client shall pay all collection or legal fees caused by delayed payments.
- (d) Payments will be credited to late payments first, then to unpaid balances.
- (e) Designer will withhold delivery and
- transfer of ownership of any current work if accounts are not
- current or overdue invoices are not paid in full.
- (f) All grants of any license to use or transfer ownership of any intellectual property rights under this Agreement are conditioned on full payment, including all outstanding Additional Costs, Expenses, Fees, or any other charges.
Prior to starting work on the project, the designer may cancel the contract if the designer feels the client and designer are not a good fit, or for any other reason.
Should the client have a desire to terminate the agreement before the completion of the project, the Client will notify the Designer 30 days in advance, and must send the designer a reason for the cancellation request in writing. In addition, the client agrees to give the designer 30 days from the time the designer receives the written statement from the client, to respond, resolve and correct any dispute or grievance that the client has communicated to the designer. The client agrees to communicate and cooperate during the 30 day period.
If the project is cancelled for any reason after the 30 day period noted above and there is no resolution, payment is due with the same terms. In the event of a cancellation, the client agrees to pay a flat $250 cancellation fee and pay for services already completed and for hours already worked. This holds true even if the client cancels after the project is completed and whether or not the end product is delivered to the client. The designer will retain any work completed. All content provided by the client will remain in the client’s ownership.
WARRANTY, OWNERSHIP, & INDEMNIFICATION
- (a) Client guarantees that any elements (graphics, photos, designs, trademarks, or other artwork) provided for inclusion in the logo design are either owned by the client, or that he/she has permission to use them. In addition, the client will hold harmless, protect, indemnify and defend the designer from any claim or suit arising from the use of such work.
- (b) The designer guarantees that the work produced is original or properly licensed for commercial use. Before payment clearing, the designer retains ownership of all artwork.
- (c) After full payment (including additional design options, additional changes, and delay fees) clearing for the project, full ownership is given to the client.
- (d) The designer reserves the right to display and link to the completed project as part of the designer’s portfolio and to write about the project on websites, in magazine articles and books about graphic design.
- (e) The client is given ownership to the logo design that the client has given final approval on at project completion. All other logo design concepts shall remain owned by the designer. If the client would like ownership of other logo design concept(s), the client may gain the rights to use them from the designer for an additional fee and must enter into a separate contract for this ownership.
- (f) The client understands and agrees that the logo is not trademarked by the designer. It is the client’s responsibility to protect his/her logo after the client receives ownership. And the client is responsible for trademarking their logo if they choose to do so.
The client agrees not to share any of the designer’s concepts, art, or work with outside designers or agencies unless you have purchased the artwork release from the designer. This includes, but is not limited to design concepts, sketches, proofs and design work. In addition, the designer will also keep the Client’s ideas, artwork or content confidential unless written consent has been granted by the Client to do so.
Any delay in the performance by the designer is not a breach of this Agreement if such delay arises out of unforeseen events such as storm, flood, hurricane, strikes, work stoppages or slowdowns, sickness, death, epidemic or quarantine restrictions and/or unforeseen equipment failure.
If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
Both parties do hereby agree to resolve, through binding arbitration, any dispute that arises among the parties from date of entering into the contract.
Just like a parking ticket, you can’t transfer this contract to anyone else without the designer’s permission. This contract stays in place and need not be renewed. If for some reason one part of this contract becomes invalid or unenforceable, the remaining parts of it remain in place. This contract is a legal document under exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Tampa, Florida in the United States of America.